Saturday, August 31, 2013

Introduction

Hi, I'm Akka.  I collect dolls and like Skyrim.  

I primarily collect Monster High, Winx Club, and Sailor Moon dolls, but I do also have American Girl Dolls, Barbies, Disney Princess Dolls, Baby Dolls, Action Figures, and Plushies.  I plan on starting to collect Ever After High and get my hands on a BJD or two.

Like a lot of little girls (and boys too!), I loved playing with dolls as a kid.  When I was little I primarily played with Barbies, Baby Dolls, and American Girl dolls.  At the end of second grade I started watching Sailor Moon and I was almost instantly in love with the show.  When I found out there were dolls of them I had to have them.  So from about third grade on, my primary focus shifted to Sailor Moon dolls with a little American Girl on the side.  Once middle school started, I for the most part stopped playing with dolls, and by high school most of my dolls laid boxed away in my basement.  Aside from the occasional e-bay search for a Sailor Saturn doll and OOAK Barbie doll spotting, my doll interest seemed to be over.  

Or was it?

During the summer in between Freshman and Sophomore years in college I decided to learn how to machine sew.  I decided to start by making Barbie clothing, because if I messed up, there would be (and was) less wasted fabric.  It turns out, I really like sewing doll clothes and making doll furniture.  

I started to collect the Mattel 9" Winx Club dolls and Monster High dolls.  When the Jakks Pacific Winx dolls came about a year ago, I started on those too.  

Some other facts about me: I'm a college student currently studying game design, I love Dungeons and Dragons, and my favorite font is Tahoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment